Monday 6 August 2007

Bitter Sweet

It's my wedding anniversary today, I've been married 13 years! I was thoroughly spoilt yesterday when my hubby bought me a new camera (had to be for my birthday too).

I picked up a beautiful little girl hedgehog today from a neighbours shed. She'd been shut in and we found her with two dead babies; a tragic sight. What a waste. She's one of the hedgehogs I've been feeding this year and if she had managed to get out her babies would probably be thriving. Instead they're dead and I'm not sure if she's going to make it.

Well, all the other hogs are feed and watered and snuggled down for the night (yeah, right, that's when they get up and play!!), the new girl is in the kitchen and I'm just hoping she'll still be alive tomorrow. It's almost impossible to get any rehydration fluid into her although she has eaten and drunk a litte by herself. I almost went to the vets to get a bag of saline to inject but they were closing and you know how it is...they offered to put it up for me to collect but she seemed ok so I hope I've not made a terrible mistake.

No comments: